Epson’s SurePress L-6534VW offers high print speeds, premium quality output and improved usability
Digital inkjet label press will be showcased at Labelexpo 2019, Brussels 24 - 27 September, hall 9, stand A50
24 September 2019 – Epson has announced that its latest UV digital inkjet label press, the SurePress L-6534VW, will be on the stand at this year’s Labelexpo. This press is ideal for label converters looking to expand their operations by offering clients high-quality self-adhesive labels with a wide choice of substrates in sectors including food, beverage, industrial, cosmetic, toiletries and pharmaceuticals.
The SurePress L-6534VW is built to optimise productivity and minimise downtime. Additional print modes of 30m/min and 50m/min offer businesses greater flexibility in delivering print runs without compromising quality.
Marc Tinkler, head of product marketing, commercial and industrial at Epson Europe, commented: “Epson offers its customers a complete end-to-end high-quality label press solution with all core technologies designed by us, including printheads, hardware, software and inks. Our new SurePress L-6534VW makes good economic sense too. The low TCO is achieved through printing more labels in less time, wastage is reduced thanks to a short substrate path and reverse feeding function, and Nozzle Verification Technology (NVT) detects blocked nozzles and performs automatic head cleaning. Put simply – increased uptime, decreased downtime.”
Other features include:
- Versatile: supports film and many paper label substrates
- High-quality output: PrecisionCore TFP linehead technology
- High-opacity white ink: uses Epson white ink on metallic and clear substrates
- UV LED pinning: used between colours to minimise the spread of a dot, enabling sharper text and smoother vignettes.
- In-line digital varnish: can be printed to give a gloss or matte effect, either overall or as a pattern or spot varnish
- Print monitoring: The Epson remote monitoring system (ERMS) allows engineers to provide remote diagnostics of print performance
SurePress inks comply with the European Framework Regulation (EC No. 1935/2004) on Food Contact Materials (FCM)1. Also, we provide the appropriate levels of durability for outdoor and industrial environments (BS560922 and UL96933 certified).
For further information about Epson at Labelexpo 2019, visit www.epson.eu/labelexpo
The SurePress L-6534VW will be available in October 2019.
2. BS5609 approved. Internationally recognised specification for printed labels, especially for marine use. It is a requirement for drum labels that need international maritime dangerous goods certification. Lightfastness equates to Blue Wool scale 6.
3. UL 969 and CSA Certified. The standard for Marking and Labelling systems.
It refers to self adhesive labels that are used for permanent product identification; typically name plates, for appliance equipment, that include rating information, instructions or schematics.