MINI CASE STUDY: Whitstable Medical Practice
Epson WorkForce Pro Printers Deliver Qualty and Cost Savings
PRACTICE: Whitstable Medical Centre
COUNTY: Canterbury and Coastal CCG
Whitstable Medical Practice, comprised of four GP surgeries, currently serves a population of approximately 40,000 patients.
The surgery is staffed with doctors, nurses and a variety of other healthcare professionals, who provide a full range of medical and services 8am to 8pm, 365 days of the year.
- The equipment that was currently being used within the surgery was old and worn-out, leading to slow, poor-quality printing
- The model also involved a fuser element, which required heat-up time and caused a noticeable delay when printing the first job
- When it came to print consumables, frequent ordering and changes of printer drums and toner cartridges were adding time and costs to the surgery’s day-to-day operations.
- The surgery trialled two Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5299DW printers
- The staff have found the print quality of the new set-up excellent – and a marked improvement on the surgery’s former devices
- There has been a significant increase in printing speed – especially regarding the First Page Out Time. This speed increase has enabled the staff to produce patient prescriptions and leaflets far more quickly
- In terms of product performance, no user intervention has been required since implementation in August in terms of jams or faults
- Due to the huge, 40,000-page-capacity cartridge, no change of consumables has been required in the last three months – and the printers will run for many more months without new cartridges
- The printer has no drum, meaning fewer consumables – thus reducing printer issues and downtime; interruption to clinical staff; and staff frustration
- Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5299DW printers
- WorkForce printers use up to 92% less CO2, 96% less energy and create 94% less waste